5 Best Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Spend much time around Truly-Life and you’ll discover we love a romantic date night and yes, even Valentine’s Day. We currently have a sixteen year old dog Max, so our evenings are centered around incorporating him into our plans. Enjoy our date night ideas knowing there are hundreds of possibilities in our area to experience romance, even if your time is limited.
Here are our current 5 best date nights:
- Walking to dinner in our neighborhood. Picking up a baguette and a glass of wine at Bon Vivant. Followed by dinner to-go from Thai Peppers right next door. Since we can’t leave Max alone too long, we return to the house and eat dinner with him. Curl up on the couch giving him a doggie massage while we watch a classic movie.
- Strolling to Los Tios is a common dinner location because it is so close to our home. We enjoy picking up a drink at the bar for the fantastic happy hour deal and then moving to a table for dinner. This is also an opportunity to visit with many neighbors as they walk by. After dinner is a great opportunity to pick up our dog from the house. We join with a couple of neighbors with their dogs to walk along the Mount Jefferson Greenway, which gives us the occasional sighting of a rare bird or beautiful red fox.
- Crystal City is another favorite location to walk, bike, or drive to for a night out. We often take Max out for a walk around the water park or the long bridge park. If we’re driving, we can quickly find our way over to the FDR Memorial. This location at night is our all time favorite, even in the winter. The timeless quotes on the stone walls, the sound of falling water, and a very large dog statue for Max to stare at for 5 or 10 minutes. It is so peaceful. At the end of the FDR you can walk around the title basin water edge and see the Jefferson Memorial, the Martin Luther King Memorial and during the Spring there is the bonus of cherry blossoms in the moonlight.
- Walk to RT’s for dinner. After dinner we stroll across the street to The Birchmere for one of our favorite music groups performing in this sweet venue. Cocktails and dessert at our table make the concert even better. And somehow we always make new friends before the show.
- Catching the Water Taxi in Alexandria bound for Georgetown, we’re interested in having a new restaurant experience. The stroll around the rolling streets checking out menus at the front doors is half the fun. After a meal with an hour or so of walking the water taxi takes us back downstream while the drinks wear off, just in time to arrive home.